Sunday, July 7, 2013

Great News

Today I received a letter from Kamehameha Schools' Financial Aid and Scholarship Services notifying me that I was selected to receive the 'Imi Na'auao merit based scholarship for the 2013-2014 academic school year. To say the least, I am truly blessed!

How does this relate to this class? I heard about this scholarship through Facebook. Well, in an indirect way, that is. You see, before this master's program, I took many Kamehameha's Distance Learning classes to learn the Hawaiian language. They have a Facebook page so I was linked into their site. It was through this way I learned about the different scholarships Kamehameha had. This is my second year receiving this scholarship. This is one way that social media helped me in education!

After summer classes, I will be in my second year of this program. I also have a family and I work as a Computer Teacher (and Tech person) for a public elementary school. In this class, I hope to learn the different ways social media can be incorporated into elementary schools. I also want to learn about other social media sites are out there and how they are being used to engage students.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Annette! You are truly deserving. I am so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete